Wartburg offers integrated, comprehensive senior care services for your changing life. Unlike conventional retirement communities, we provide a wide range of services to both residents and people in their own homes. From independent, assisted living and award-winning nursing home care to rehabilitation, home care and adult day care services, our continuing care approach means you can trust us to be here for your family – how, when and where you need us to be. We also provide caregiver support every step of the way, so you can navigate your options and find the level of care that’s right for you whole family.
Perhaps that’s why U.S. News & World Report has named Wartburg one of the “Best Nursing Homes in New York State” for the seventh consecutive year.
At Wartburg, ours is a vision of healing and hope upheld through care that touches on physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health . . . and it has been for nearly 150 years. Founded in 1865 and caring for older loved ones since 1898, we believe that everyone we serve is family. That includes our residents, their families, staff and volunteers. Listening and understanding has ensured our success more than anything else.
And because we’re a not-for-profit, we can reinvest in our commitment to serving others, rather than pay dividends to shareholders. As needs change, we have more resources to dedicate to expansions, staffing and advances in care: In fact, in 2013 we opened a new affordable senior housing complex as well as a state-of-the-art rehabilitation center.
All residents have the opportunity to benefit from our award-winning Council for Creative Aging & Lifelong Learning. As a member of the National Center for Creative Aging, Wartburg’s Council draws from a network of artists and arts organizations to help our residents grow, express themselves and find new meaning. The Council offers programs in painting, ceramics, horticulture, quilting, music, writing, oral history and theater.
Beyond our campus, we extend our helping hand into our community through civic organizations, religious groups and neighbors across Westchester County, NY.
- Integrated senior care provider, including independent and assisted living, nursing home, Alzheimer’s/dementia care, adult day care, rehabilitation, home care and caregiver support.
- Located in Westchester, NY, near the Hutchinson River Parkway and near Metro-North.
- Beautiful, 34-acre wooded campus offers variety of housing options, including affordable senior housing.
- Named one of the “Best Nursing Homes in New York State” by U.S. News & World Report for five consecutive years.
- Wartburg is celebrating its 150th anniversary this year. To learn more about our history, visit Creative Aging Stories or the History page.
- Spiritual care provided to persons of all faiths.