Integrated Rehabilitative Care That’s Focused on You
If you’ve suffered a debilitating illness, surgery or accident, you’re sure to have one goal: getting home. At the Rehabilitation Center at Wartburg, we’re committed to helping you achieve that goal – and live your strongest, most independent life – sooner than you ever thought possible.
At Wartburg, rehabilitative care focuses on maximizing the independence of every patient. Our dedicated staff has many years of experience and they put that experience to work for every patient, every day. We create an intensive therapy regimen for each individual that’s based on their needs and goals and focused on speeding their recovery.
Two Unique Sub-Acute Rehabilitation Settings Are Available:
- Free-standing Rehabilitation Center:
- Offers short stay accelerated rehabilitation care
- Features private rooms
- Bathrooms with showers
- Two large, light-filled state-of-the-art rehab gyms
- Our “Next Step Home” real-life training apartment
- Our Courtyard Unit:
- Offers a more intimate and supportive environment for those who require a longer stay with intensive rehabilitation
- Recommended for more complex medical issues and for individuals with increased risk of falls
- The unit features semi-private and private rooms
- Includes a park-like courtyard setting and koi pond
Innovative therapy is delivered by an integrated team that works with the patient and their family to help the individual get back on their feet – and back to their life – as soon as possible.
Conditions We Treat at Our Injury Rehabilitation Center
At Wartburg our goal is to help patients return to their maximum potential after suffering from a life-altering event. Our rehabilitation center is well equipped to conduct various therapies for a multitude of ailments. We have an experienced team of nurses, physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, social workers and more. Patients who greatly benefit from our rehabilitation services include those who have any of the following difficulties:
- Impaired mobility, balance or coordination
- Limitations in joint strength and motion
- Speech and communication problems
- Changes to memory, reasoning, and rational thinking
- Speech and communication difficulties
These difficulties may be a result of one of the following conditions:
- Spinal cord injury
- Fracture or broken hip
- Brain injury
- Arthritis of the spine and other joints
- Nerve impingement (pinched nerve)
- Respiratory illness (COPD, Bronchitis, Pneumonia/Emphysema, and Asthma)
- Neurological conditions such as multiple sclerosis (MS), Parkinson’s disease and muscular dystrophy
We are proud to be able to serve residents in and around Mt. Vernon, Riverdale, Eastchester, New Rochelle, Scarsdale, Larchmont, Pelham & Bronxville, NY.
Rehabilitative Care at Wartburg Offers:
- Experienced nursing staff cares for patients around the clock.
- Physicians develop and oversee each individual’s recovery plan.
- Physical Therapists restore strength, functional mobility and balance.
- Occupational Therapists improve function in activities of daily living.
- Speech-Language Pathologists address speech, language and swallowing impairments.
- Pain management specialists provide non-pharmacological relief treatments such as acupuncture and electrical stimulation.
- Therapeutic recreation programs provide meaningful leisure-time activities.
- Social workers advocate for patients’ needs and arrange for services after discharge.
- Skilled dietary assessment supports the patient’s rehabilitation recovery.
- Pastoral staff offers spiritual care and support during recovery.
Get Back to Your Life Faster and Healthier
Our Rehabilitation Center is designed to meet your individual needs with state-of-the-art equipment, personalized treatment, and innovative therapies to maximize your recovery. Our outstanding physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and the rest of our wonderful staff will assist you in getting home as soon as possible. Check below to see some photos of the center, our rooms and our real-life training apartment!