Home Health Care
Because There Really is No Place Like Home
Living as independently as possible, for as long as possible: that’s the one goal we all share. At Wartburg, we offer seniors, people with disabilities and those recovering from an illness, accident or injury the high-quality services and support they need to live safely in their homes … while offering their loved ones much-needed peace of mind.
In fact, Wartburg provides an integrated, comprehensive spectrum of both at-home and residential care services. Our continuing care approach means we can be here for your family – how, when and where you need us to be. That’s the Wartburg difference.
Our licensed agency provides temporary or ongoing assistance – on an hourly, daily or live-in basis
Our Home Care team develops a specialized plan tailored to meet your individual needs supervised by our nursing staff in communication with your personal physician. This plan may include:
- Assistance with activities of daily living, which include personal care, dressing, meal preparation, housekeeping and home safety. When your loved one stays at home, they can still have the same comforts that they have grown to love over so many years. They can sit on their own furniture, eat off their own dishes and be surrounded by memories.
- An individualized healthcare plan that may include professional nursing services, physical, occupational and speech therapy. With a personal plan created just for your loved one with their health in mind, you know that they have the best care possible.
- Specialized dementia and diabetes care in the comfort of your home. It is beneficial for those suffering from dementia to stay in their own home, if possible, as keeping a familiar environment may be beneficial to them.
- Companion services to medical appointments, shopping and recreation. While not everyone needing in-home care requires a lot of attention, some people might just need someone to assist in transportation and other chores that require a bit more physical exertion.
- Bath and Breakfast Service as needed. When your loved one needs a little extra help with their personal care, Wartburg’s HHA’s will provide intermittent service, ranging from one day a week to daily. The services include a shower and breakfast in the morning or shower and snack at night.
- Our Programs accept commercial insurance plans, long-term care insurance and private pay. Please contact us for more information about our in-home care services!
Take Advantage of the Many Benefits of Home Health Care
Home health care services allow older adults who are managing ongoing conditions or recovering from injuries to remain in their homes, where they are happy and comfortable. Wartburg offers comprehensive assistance to help our clients with their home health needs. This benefits you, your loved one, and your family in a number of ways:
● Independence: Aging adults might not want to admit that they’re struggling because they don’t want to lose their independence. One of the major benefits of home health care is that it helps your loved one continue following their normal routine and allows them to live independently at home for as long as possible.
● Comfort: Research indicates that elderly adults recover faster and experience fewer complications at home than in a hospital or rehab facility. For dementia patients especially, remaining in familiar surroundings can make an enormous difference in their conditions.
● Safety: With home health care, patients can get help managing their medications and their daily tasks. This reduces accidents and harmful drug interactions, which helps avoid emergency trips to the hospital and other dangerous situations.
● Convenience: Home health care services reduce the strain on the patient and his or her family. We can handle as much or as little of the daily routine as necessary to fit our services seamlessly into your loved one’s existing routine.
● Peace of Mind: Knowing that their loved one is getting personalized care in his or her own home provides comfort and relief for family members. If you are a caregiver for your loved one, home health care aides can provide needed respite.
If you’re interested in learning more about how the team at Wartburg can help your loved one, don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions! Our home health care aides will be happy to help you. Call (914) 573-5569 today if you are looking for a home health aide or home health care services. We provide memory care, Alzheimer’s care, palliative care, hospice care, and more.