Volunteer at Wartburg!
Volunteering at Wartburg in Westchester, NY, gives you the opportunity to become a valued member of our community and help spread our mission of providing compassionate care to seniors and their loved ones.
We Need You
We are seeking creative and enthusiastic volunteers to enrich the lives of our residents. Whether you’re a student seeking credit, recently retired in a career transition or feel compelled to better serve your community, volunteering at Wartburg enables you to share your knowledge and talents.
How You Can Get Involved
Explore the benefits of giving your time in our many programs. Although we offer a variety of health care services to our residents, you may also participate in nonmedical capacities. Here are just a few of the many ways you can help:
- Recreational activities
- Rehabilitation services
- Escort and transport
- Sharing your talents
- Mealtime assistance
- Friendly visitors
- Library service
- Discussion groups and entertainment
- Pet visits
- Worship on Wheels (escorting residents to Sunday services)
- Clerical support
- Gift shop attendant
- Working with residents with technology
- Any individual age 14 or older looking to develop new skills
- College and high school students seeking practical experience and internships
- Corporate groups and employees
- Professionals and businesspeople
Our volunteers are invited to Wartburg’s annual Volunteer Recognition events where we thank our volunteers for their valuable time and for bringing immense comfort to the many lives they touch throughout the year.