As a senior member of the clinical leadership team, the Director of Nursing allows for the opportunity to create a positive impact on the lives of those we care for and work with. Reporting directly to the Nursing Home Administrator, the Director of Nursing carries the following traits and responsibilities:
· Knowledge of Long-Term Care Regulations
· Promotes an atmosphere of respect, professional growth, and encouragement for all nursing staff members
· Directs and implements a continuous Quality Improvement program for nursing
· Recognizes areas requiring improvement and uses successful methodology to identify and implement change
· Plans for appraisal of nursing care by making rounds, conducting a regular review of resident’s records, and evaluating resident care.
· Participates in implementing an effective system of clinical and administrative nursing records and reports
· Authors policies and procedures
· Assumes responsibility for developing, implementing, and evaluating a staffing plan
· Serves as a professional and educational resource and provides structured coaching/mentoring activities
· Develops ongoing in-service training programs
The Director of Nursing is expected to hold a high degree of clinical expertise, as well as the ability to envision creative solutions for today’s clinical and operational challenges in the ever-changing environment of senior services. In addition to the necessary education, clinical background and skill, the successful candidate must be decisive and results oriented, working together across all clinical disciplines and business lines to improve outcomes. The ability to simultaneously serve as a strategic partner to the management team and a nursing leader to nursing staff is also critical to maintain successful performance and Wartburg’s standard of quality.
· A BSN/BS in Nursing (required); MSN (preferred)
· Licensed Registered Nurse
· A minimum of 5 years of progressive nursing leadership within a post acute care center
· Experience in geriatric nursing or gerontology and dementia care (preferred).
Wartburg is an equal opportunity employer seeking dedicated, diverse, and caring individuals to contribute to our commitment of a standard of excellence and exceptional care. We pledge to expand our talent by the recruitment and retention of a racially and culturally diverse staff. Every employment opportunity is viewed as a chance to increase and expand on our vision in accordance with our goals. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package along with a beautiful 34-acre campus. Please visit our website at www.wartburg.org