Senior Day Care
Make a Difference in the Life of Your Loved One – and Yours.
Are you worried about a senior who spends too much time home alone? Do you find that you’re preoccupied at work, or taking time off, to tend to their needs?
Wartburg’s Adult Day Care provides a safe, stimulating environment for seniors – with special supports for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia – and a much-needed break for the caregivers who love them. Our programs are designed specifically to meet the needs of both reasonably healthy and medically frail seniors.
- Our Social Model is for adults who would benefit from an enriching program of recreational and social activities in a professionally supervised environment. Loved ones socialize with peers to connect both emotionally and spiritually, allowing them to escape loneliness and isolation. We offer a wide range of activities to help seniors in reasonably good health maintain their zest for living.
- Our Medical Model is for adults needing medical or health support services in addition to enriching social activities. Working with your family physician, we develop a personalized care plan for your loved one. A registered nurse supervises the program and provides comprehensive monitoring of health needs, such as diabetes and hypertension. A carefully planned program of therapies and activities helps maintain and improve each adult’s well-being. These include Medicaid-eligible services such as physical, speech and occupational therapy as well as psychological, podiatry and pain management services. Participants also enjoy carefully selected recreational and social activities in a professionally supervised environment.
We Offer a Wealth of Enriching Activities and Added Peace of Mind
Whether your family chooses the social model or finds that the additional healthcare support of our medical model better meets your needs, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your loved one is in a nurturing, caring environment they are sure to enjoy.
Both models offer:
- Half- or full-day options, Monday-Friday (closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day). We are open from 8:30am to 4:30pm; early drop off and late pick up available for an additional fee.
- Round-trip transportation.
- Nutritious hot breakfast and lunch with a choice of entrees, afternoon refreshments and optional take-home dinners.
- On-site physical, occupational and speech therapy in a private rehabilitation space for those who might require extra care.
- Psychiatric, podiatry and pain management services (medical model).
- Council for Creative Aging and Lifelong Learning programs, an award-winning, internationally recognized arts initiative with classes customized to meet the interests and cognitive needs of each group.
- Live entertainment, educational and exercise programs including yoga, strength training and tai chi.
- Dementia-specific care by specially trained professionals.
- Spiritual care for all faiths.
- A bilingual team that speaks English and Spanish.
- Community trips and outdoor activities, including whirlpool bath and a full beauty salon.
- A spacious sunroom and secure outdoor veranda.
- Monthly caregiver support group.
- Priority eligibility for other Wartburg services.