Home Health Care Serving Riverdale, NY
Make a Difference in the Life of Your Loved One – and Yours.
Are you worried about a senior who spends too much time home alone? Do you find that you’re preoccupied at work, or taking time off, to tend to their needs?
Wartburg’s Adult Day Care provides a safe, stimulating environment for seniors – with special supports for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia – and a much needed break for the caregivers who love them. Our programs are designed specifically to meet the needs of both reasonably healthy and medically frail seniors.
- Our Social Model is for adults who would benefit from an enriching program of recreational and social activities in a professionally supervised environment. Loved ones socialize with peers to connect both emotionally and spiritually, allowing them to escape loneliness and isolation. We offer a wide range of activities to help seniors in reasonably good health maintain their zest for living.
- Our Medical Model is for adults needing medical or health support services in addition to enriching social activities. Working with your family physician, we develop a personalized care plan for your loved one. A Registered Nurse supervises the program and provides comprehensive monitoring of health needs, such as diabetes and hypertension. A carefully planned program of therapies and activities helps maintain and improve each adult’s well-being. These includes Medicaid-eligible services such as physical, speech and occupational therapy as well as psychological, podiatry and pain management services. Participants also enjoy carefully selected recreational and social activities in a professionally supervised environment.
We Offer a Wealth of Enriching Activities and Added Peace of Mind
Whether your family chooses the social model – or finds the additional healthcare support of our medical model better meet your needs – you’ll have peace of mind knowing your loved one is a in a nurturing, caring environment they are sure to enjoy.
Both models offer:
- Half- or full-day options, Monday-Friday (closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day). We are open from 8:30am to 4:30pm; early drop off and late pick up available for an additional fee.
- Round-trip transportation.
- Nutritious hot breakfast and lunch with a choice of entrees, afternoon refreshments and optional take-home dinners.
- On-site physical, occupational and speech therapy in a private rehabilitation space for those who might require extra care.
- Psychiatric, podiatry and pain management services (medical model).
- Council for Creative Aging and Lifelong Learning programs, an award-winning, internationally recognized arts initiative with classes customized to meet the interests and cognitive needs of each group.
- Live entertainment, educational and exercise programs including yoga, strength training and tai chi.
- Dementia-specific care by specially trained professionals.
- Spiritual care for all faiths.
- A bilingual team that speaks English and Spanish.
- Community trips and outdoor activities, including whirlpool bath and a full beauty salon.
- A spacious sunroom and secure outdoor veranda.
- Monthly caregiver support group.
- Priority eligibility for other Wartburg services.