Westchester, NY Rehabilitation Center
The rehabilitation center at Wartburg in Westchester, NY, is committed to helping adults recovering from illness, surgery or accident live their strongest and most independent lives. Individual rehabilitative care plans for physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech pathology optimize physical and mental well-being.
Conveniently located just off the Hutchinson River Parkway in a beautiful, park-like, wheelchair accessible campus that enhances the recovery experience, it will soon move to a new state-of-the-art, 3,500-square-foot facility. This Center of Excellence will have double the space with 50 private rooms – including a simulated apartment to help physical and occupational therapists assess how patients perform their daily tasks – and provide 24/7 leading-edge rehabilitative care. We also will expand our music and recreation programs that entertain as they heal.
At Wartburg, rehabilitative care focuses on enabling the patient to achieve maximum independence after surgery, illness or accident. Adults over the age of 18 can be admitted to our Rehabilitation Program upon referral from a physician after hospitalization.
Here, our professional care team help restore a person’s fundamental quality of life within their community:
- Skilled nursing monitors each patient around the clock.
- On-site physician medical directors determine each individual’s recovery plan.
- Physical therapists build physical strength and improve large motor function.
- Occupational therapists improve fine motor skills and assist in retraining for activities of daily living (ADLs).
- Speech pathologists evaluate and treat speech, language, cognitive and swallowing disorders.
- Social workers assess the emotional needs of each patient and work with patients and family to determine the right level of care and help arrange for service after discharge.
- Dietitians work with the medical and nursing team to determine any special dietary needs for patients who need to build strength or suffer from chronic illness such as diabetes or heart disease. Appropriate nutrition plans help patients recover their strength quickly and healthfully.
- Spiritual care visits help individuals with coping, understanding and exploring their spiritual needs during their recovery.
Family support is welcomed at Wartburg. Visitors are free to join residents in the sunroom or courtyard or to enjoy the gazebos and benches on the property. Visiting hours are convenient, there is ample free parking, and we’re convenient to Metro-North.